I’ve finished assembly of the major components for the Falco, and it’s primed and ready for paint. In these photos, the wing is not glued into place. I’ll need it off in order to do the smoke ring camo this airplane had.
The struts really weren’t too bad to get into place, as it turned out. It just required some patience, some Tamiya Extra Thin cement, and a fair amount of adjustments and eyeballing the whole thing. I went ahead and added the little bit of rigging this plane had, figuring it would be easier to do at this point than after the wings were in place.
I’m looking forward to the painting process. Smoke ring camo is not trivial to airbrush well, but if it is done right, it looks great.