Building A Buffalo: Out Of The Paint Shop

I got the basic paint on the Buffalo. Everything is Tamiya acrylics. The underside is a mix of XF-69 and XF-63 for the black, and XF-21 for the Sky. The upper colors are XF72 and XF-81. I still need to paint the fuselage band.

The fit on this was very good, as you’d expect with a Tamiya kit. I did need some putty here and there to even out the seams. When I pulled up the camo masking, it pulled some of the canopy masking, so I had to replace it with a bit of Tamiya tape.

So far so good! Next up is the weathering- this is going to be a dirty bird!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *